Thursday 15 September 2011

Kallan Phillips - You're Wasted (On The Young)

Kallan Phillips - You're Wasted (On The Young) by Perth Sound & Found

I'll be honest and say when Kallan sent me this I didn't think it would be too much. This would probably be because he described it as a "rough track" and "nothing amazing" however after listening to this I feel like someone needs to slap him. This track is actually really good for a rough track, the quality is amazing and the vocals aren't too bass dominant. I loved that the vocals fitted perfectly with the guitar part in this song. I love the guitar part at the start it reminds me a lot of some of Tommy Emmanuel's early guitar work (If you don't know who he is look him up!) . I feel that it would work a little better if the guitar at the start continued throughout the song or something similar just to give it a bit more variety. Saying that there is quite an awesome little guitar part closer towards the end of the song. Kallan I think you've done an awesome job on this song. I highly recommend getting a set of probably 3 or 4 songs and looking at going to a studio and recording a single. Keep me posted on any new songs you write! Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment